OpenBlvd, a subsidiary of Studeo Realty Marketing Inc., and its affiliates (collectively, “OpenBlvd” or “we” or “us” or “our”), is committed to preserving and safeguarding your right to privacy.
- What personal information we might collect about you
- What we might do with that personal information
- Your choices about the personal information you give us
This policy applies to your use of our website located at https://openblvd.com/ (“website”) and any other interactions you may have with us (by telephone, email, social media or in person).
Some of the services listed on our website are provided by third party businesses, to the extent you share information directly or indirectly request us to share your information with these third parties to obtain their services, your information will be the primary responsibility of those third parties.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information, whether factual or subjective, about an identifiable person. This includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
Getting your consent
You may withhold or withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or share your personal information, as long as there are no legal or contractual requirements for us to process your information. Depending on the circumstances, however, withdrawal of your consent may impact our ability to serve you.
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- personal information about you from your interactions with us and other sources, such as our third-party partners and service providers;
- technical information about you (but information that individually does not identify you), such as through cookies and data analytics; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
Information about you
We may collect personal information when you:
- communicate with us, including through our live chat functions;
- sign up for an account or become a member;
- sign up to or engage us in listing information on our website;
- engage in our services;
- request or submit information through our partners, business associates and affiliates;
- submit information through our website, including through our website live chat functions;
- enter a contest, promotion or survey;
- subscribe to one of our online newsletters;
- engage with us through social media;
- register to participate in an online forum, for one of our events (including virtual events);
- apply for a position with OpenBlvd;
- contact us (such as via email, telephone, and the internet) with an enquiry, comment, complaint, feedback or suggestion.
Often it is optional for you to provide your personal information, but other times some personal information is required to provide you with certain services. You may choose not to provide your personal information even in such cases, but that may result in our inability to serve you.
OpenBlvd will not collect information indiscriminately and will limit collection of information to that which is reasonable and necessary for the purposes it was collected or as authorized by law.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to communicate with you, including to authenticate your identity and ensure that your information is correct and accurate;
- to provide you with information that you request from us;
- to provide our services, including to list and manage information on our website;
- to operate, customize and improve our websites, content, social media sites, advertisements, products and services;
- to market, advertise and promote our products, services, programs and events to you and to other prospective customers;
- when you engage with OpenBlvd online, including through our website and through social media;
- notify you of promotions and opportunities including the launch of surveys;
- to administer surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you;
- to understand how you use our content and services, for data analytics, statistical analysis, internal business and marketing purposes, product development purposes, improving content, developing new products and services;
- customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of our website or other online websites, applications or platforms, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them;
- enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the website;
- to collect debts owed to us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, third-party partners, or suppliers;
- to manage our business and day-to-day business and operational needs;
- fulfil other purposes related to any of the above.
If you apply for employment, OpenBlvd, in order to process your job application may collect and process data about your career interests and employment history (“job applicant data”). Job applicant data is used for staffing and recruitment activities, and to maintain an inventory of candidates for current and future work opportunities.
De-identified, aggregate or anonymized information
Disclosure of your personal information
OpenBlvd may share your personal information with:
- our service providers, consultants, other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf or for other OpenBlvd internal business purposes;
- business partners and organizations who list their services on the website (e.g. real estate brokerages, restaurants etc.), including to facilitate your use of these third-party businesses’ services. For example, if you request further information about a listing from the listing brokerage in one of our online ‘storybooks’;
- third parties and partners in the event of a potential merger or acquisition, transfer of assets, reorganization or bankruptcy;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies to meet our compliance, regulatory, and risk management obligations or to comply with the law; and
- anyone else to whom you authorize us to disclose it.
If OpenBlvd discloses personal information to third parties engaged to perform services for us, OpenBlvd prohibits such third parties from using personal information for any purpose other than the specific purpose for which OpenBlvd supplies it. OpenBlvd requires third parties who receive personal information to use safeguards equivalent to those in place at OpenBlvd to protect that information.
In certain circumstances, OpenBlvd may have a legal duty or right to disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent. For example, OpenBlvd may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with tax or corporate governance legislation, to assist law enforcement or to collect a debt.
Cookies and other technology
Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
We, and our third-party service providers, also may automatically collect general anonymous information related to your use of our website through cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is a small data file that a website may write to your hard drive when you visit. A cookie file can contain information (such as a user ID) that the website can use to track the pages you have visited and to record your preferences for future visits.
We do not collect personal information that can identify you when browsing our website. In addition, OpenBlvd may use third party cookies that track how you use the website in order to target advertisements to you on other websites. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Rogers, Bell), mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the web site you have visited, web site visited before and after you visit our website, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view our website (e.g., iOS, Android), geo location information, and the content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked.
How we use information gathered from cookies and other technologies
OpenBlvd may from time to time use Facebook Pixel. This analytics tool allows OpenBlvd to understand and deliver personalized ads. The collected data remains anonymous and OpenBlvd cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook may be able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. Facebook has ultimate control of the information gathered through Facebook Pixel Re-Marketing.
Managing cookies and other technologies
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the website. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser. The website is not designed to override “do not track”, “disable cookies” or other browser settings and signals regarding online tracking or preferences.
If you do not wish to see ads from products or services you visited on this web site, please find below ways you can opt out:
- Restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings.
- You can deactivate the Google Analytics function with a browser add-on, which you can download here. To do this you must install that browser add-on. This will prevent the analysis information from being sent to Google.
- You can opt-out of Facebook’s use of Facebook Pixel through settings on your Facebook Account
You can also visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for more information on how to manage and remove cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, the web site may not function as intended and your use of the web site may be limited.
We do not knowingly collect, use or share personal information directly from children. Our website is not directed at children. If we determine upon collection that a user is under age, we will not use or maintain their personal information without the parent’s or guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Retention of your information
We only keep your information as long as it is operationally or legally necessary. When we no longer need the information, it is either destroyed or made anonymous.
Storage of your information
OpenBlvd may store your personal information in its databases located in the United States, Canada, or other countries. Additionally, some of our service providers may store or access personal information from countries other than your home jurisdiction, and in those circumstances will be subject to the laws of that local jurisdiction. As a result, in certain circumstances, other foreign governments, courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access the personal information collected and held by OpenBlvd. In addition, if you are visiting our website from a country other than Canada, your communication through our website or any of our services may result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By using our website or any of our services, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in Canada, the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
We use reasonable physical, technological, organizational and contractual safeguards, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect personal information, in our possession or under our control, from unauthorized access, disclosure or use.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like the comments section, social media pages or on message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Accessing or Correcting Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and updated as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is used. You can contact OpenBlvd to request access to your personal information to review its accuracy or to update your personal information. We may not be able to provide you with all the information you request, depending on the circumstances, and there may be a charge for any copy of personal information requested. Please make a request in writing, using any of the contact methods outlined below.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or OpenBlvd’s handling of your personal information, or to make a complaint, please do not hesitate to contact us in writing at:
By regular mail: OpenBlvd, 304-1033 Bay St, Toronto ON, M5S 3A5.
By electronic mail: email@example.com
Please note that we may need to confirm your identity or request additional details in order to process your request.
We may modify this notice from time to time and will post the most current version online.
Last Updated: June 1, 2020